Date(s) - 03/11/2020 - 04/11/2020
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The goal of the Plugathon is to provide vendors/startups developing healthcare devices and/or apps with a two-day educational approach on interoperability standards and design. This will help them to enable their products to interoperate with other systems and validate their interoperability in order to increase the value of their solutions on the market.
The Plugathon is organized over two-days and will include online sessions (all in English) on international eHealth standards and terminologies (IHE XDS, IHE MHD, HL7 FHIR, API’s, Snomed CT,…) as part of hands-on workshops. Participants can choose and pick workshops depending on their interests and level of knowledge.
The following workshops (60 to 120 minutes duration) are on the program:
- HL7 FHIR overview (beginners): the key principles underlying the FHIR methodology will be explained
- IHE Profiles for HL7 FHIR (intermediate): get an overview of the IHE profiles that are based on the HL7 FHIR standard and associated FHIR implementation guides
- IHE XDS overview (beginners): get an overview of the architectural model offered by the IHE XDS profile; there will be a focus on some of the implementation aspects of XDS.b (a webservices based implementation of XDS) as well as MHD (a FHIR based implementation of XDS).
- HL7 FHIR API’s (intermediate): extend your knowledge of the FHIR API beyond the basics
- HL7 version 2 (beginners): introduction to the HL7 Version 2 standard, which is the main interoperability standard used to support workflows within a hospital setting.
- IHE validation tools for connectivity testing: benefits & demo (beginners): presentation of the landscape of IHE interoperability testing and validation tools. Participants will get tips, pointers and guideline on where to start with testing interoperability. The session is of interest to developers, startup-ers (interoperability by design), users.
- eHealth terminologies: Snomed CT, LOINC, ICD10 & Belgian Snomed CT roadmap: overview of the terminologies used in the eHealth ecosystem & roadmap of Snomed CT in Belgium
- Brussels Health network: Introduction to the Belgian infrastructure using IHE XDS, CDA, XUA & Introduction to the Brussels MHD FHIR IUA
- Brussels Health network – Q&A technical session: the Abrumet experts will be available during a live session for all of your technical questions
- Belgian allergies & hypersensitivities CareSet using SnomedCT and HL7 FHIR (intermediate): get to know more about a practical example of SNOMED CT and HL7 FIHR implementation for sharing medical data, that can be used both as a clinical low-hanging fruit and as global methodology-setting proof of concept to initiate adoption of those standards in a green field country.
- Réseau Santé Wallon: towards a concrete HL7 FHIR implementation : Réseau Santé Wallon and HL7 FHIR: status and perspectives ; the “Allergies and hypersensitivities Care Set” and beyond in practice: how to test it at RSW?
- Belgian HL7 FHIR profiles and new architecture (intermediate): What is happening around HL7 FHIR in Belgium? Come and find out all about the HL7 Belgium community and the HL7 Belgium working groups that are active since March 2020. Meet the HL7 Belgium core team and get acquainted with our Belgian implementation guides. This workshop will take place on November 5 at 2PM as part of the Belgian eHealth Interoperability Day.
The Plugathon will take place ONLINE.